Is there a puddle of water coming from under your furnace? Is there a foul smell when your furnace kicks on? These are serious issues only an experienced technician like the HVAC pros at Vander Hyde Services can inspect and resolve. Water leaks could be as simple as condensation, but depending on your unit they could be the sign of a bigger problem.
If you smell gas when your furnace blows air, you should immediately shut it off and reach out to our team. Ignoring furnace leaks will ultimately lead to bigger, more expensive problems.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
- Strange smells - If you smell something the first time of the year you turn on your unit, it's probably dust burning off. But rotten eggs is the smell of a gas leak so act accordingly.
- Sounds that are off - By now you should have a decent understanding of what your furnace sounds like when it's turning on and operating. If you notice anything new and abrupt, contact our team to inspect your unit and provide fast and reliable furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MI, or the surrounding areas.
- Inconsistent heating - If you're getting cold spots or maybe just not the same amount of heating you're used to, call us in to inspect your unit. This could be happening because of issues with your heating element or ductwork so call us in to get to the bottom of it.
- It won't turn on - If your furnace won't turn on, check the pilot light. If it's an electrical unit, then try testing out another appliance on the same circuit and if all else fails call in our specialists for dependable furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MI, or nearby areas.
- Loss of airflow - This could be happening due to an issue with your blower fan or maybe your ductwork. If you have no airflow at all it's probably your unit, but issues that bring less airflow could be found in your ducts.
Comprehensive Furnace Inspections
Routine furnace maintenance will prolong the life of your HVAC system. Our technician will inspect your furnace, clean and lubricate the parts, test for gas leaks, and identify worn parts. We recommend seasonal tune-ups for furnace and air conditioning units. With regular service from Vander Hyde Services, you’ll get more life from your system and help keep it operating efficiently.
Schedule Quality HVAC Repair in Grand Rapids Today
It can be hard to tell when you're in need of HVAC repairs or if you're in need of a whole new unit. If your HVAC unit falls into one of the following categories then it might be time for an upgrade:
- Your HVAC unit is over 20 years old
- Your energy bills have inexplicably gone up
- The repair will cost more than half of what a replacement would
- You've had a recent HVAC repair but your unit still doesn't seem to be performing at a reasonable quality
Of course each scenario is different, so be sure to reach out to one of our expert HVAC specialists. We take into account all details before making any recommendations to ensure that it's the best option for you.
Vander Hyde Services have helped hundreds of homeowners in Grand Rapids choose the ideal central heating and air conditioning unit for their household needs and budget. We have many heat pumps and HVAC system options like the Unico System to choose from. With expert installation and regular service, you should get many years of service from a new furnace. However, in the event you need furnace maintenance, give us a call and we’ll come out right away.