AC Installation in Grand Rapids
Get the Air Conditioning Replacement You Deserve
No matter what type of house you live in, no one should have to put up with substandard air conditioning. If your system is failing, there’s always a better solution to your home comfort needs. When it’s time to upgrade your failing AC unit to a new, energy-efficient system, make sure to call Vander Hyde Services. We have helped hundreds of homeowners in Grand Rapids choose the ideal central heating and air conditioning unit for their household needs and budget.
We have many central air conditioners and cooling options like the Fujitsu Mini to choose from. We also proudly carry equipment from brands like Daikin and Carrier. With expert installation and regular AC maintenance, you should get many years of use out of our cutting-edge home comfort systems. Plus with one-year materials and labor warranties on every product we offer, you’ll always get a good deal when you hire Vander Hyde Services for AC installation in Grand Rapids.
To schedule an appointment with our Grand Rapids AC installation team, call today at (616) 319-2125.
Signs It’s Time to Install a New AC Unit in Grand Rapids, MI
Hot having proper air conditioning isn’t just a matter of comfort, it’s a matter of safety. Especially if you live in a home with any elderly or immunocompromised people, failing to create a cool environment can be extremely dangerous. Fortunately, Vander Hyde Services has everything you need to keep your entire household feeling comfortable all year-round. Our licensed technicians are trained to cater to properties big and small, and with 30 years of experience under our belts, you can bet we’ve seen it all when it comes to air conditioning.
Top signs it’s time to install a new AC replacement include:
- Your System Is 10-15 Years Old: Air conditioners go through a lot of wear and tear over time – often more than furnaces, as they are exposed to the elements. While the average AC system used to only last between 10 and 12 years, modern air conditioners have a lifespan of roughly 10-15 years. However, all of this is assuming your system has been properly maintained—if your unit has not received regular tune-ups, it many only last 10 years or less. Regardless, there will come a point where you simply have to upgrade to a new unit. Maybe it will be due to a complete system breakdown, or a fuel issue, such as the recent Freon ban, or maybe it will be because the system’s parts are no longer manufactured. The point is that even a well-maintained AC system can’t last forever, so if your air conditioner is reaching the 15 year mark, you may want to consider replacing it now.
- Your System Breaks Down Frequently: Are you tired of leaks, mechanical problems, and short-cycling disrupting your home comfort? At Vander Hyde Services, we promise that we will do everything we can to save your current AC system and ensure you get as many years out of your equipment as possible. However, there comes a time where it may be more cost-effective to upgrade to a new air conditioner rather than constantly repairing your old one. If you find that the money you are spending on AC repairs is adding up, Vander Hyde Services promises to help you find a new system designed to meet all your home comfort needs.
- Your Energy Bills Keep Going Up: It is natural for your air conditioning bills to rise somewhat during summer, when your AC usage is at its peak. However, if you find that you are spending more and more on AC costs with each passing year (or even month,) then it may be time to consider installing a new system. The good news is that today’s AC systems are built to last longer and are more energy-efficient than ever. That means given the amount you may be able to reduce your utility bill, installing a new air conditioner can actually save you money in the long-run!
- Your unit requires R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, AC units that require the banned coolant will become more expensive to run as the coolant gets more scarce. While the use of Freon isn't banned, it's production has stopped, making it increasingly expensive.
Remember, improperly installing an air conditioner or selecting a unit that’s improperly sized for your home can drive up your utility bills significantly, and force you to install a new unit sooner rather than later. At Vander Hyde Services, our technicians will work to make sure you get the most out of your new system, and can enjoy energy-efficient cooling relief for many years to come.
4 Benefits of a New AC Installation
1. Increases the value of your home - If you're about to put your home on the market, nothing speaks volumes quite like a new AC unit. You can not only showcase your home as state-of-the-art but also green with a new AC installation and energy efficient as well.
2. Helps you save money off utility bills and be more energy efficient - If even after routine maintenance your electrical bill won't go down, it could be your AC. Consult our Grand Rapids AC Installation experts to see if we can save you money off your utility bill each month. Geothermal heat pumps are great at shifting cooled air as opposed to creating it and they can help save you money off your HVAC as well.
3. Can improve your indoor air quality - As HVAC units age and get closer to the end of the line, they can have a negative impact on your home's indoor air quality. Make sure to subscribe to regular maintenance to put this off as long as possible, but keep your health in mind if you thinking about making a switch.
4. Less noise - If you're looking for a less quiet AC consider a mini-split. They're not as noisy as traditional HVAC units as they don't require ducts so call in our AC installation team if that sounds appealing to you.
The Best Air Conditioning Installations in Grand Rapids
At Vander Hyde Services, we are known in Grand Rapids and across Western Michigan for getting the job done right. When you call us for an AC repair, we promise to arrive to your property on-time, and work to complete the service ASAP. We understand that your time is valuable, and our goal is to make sure the entire repair process is as hassle-free as it can be. That’s why we offer on-site, no-cost estimates, as well as flexible financing options and special deals to suit a range of budgets. With an A+ from the Better Business Bureau, you can count on our experienced team to be professional and helpful throughout your appointment, wearing shoe covers when they enter your home and always cleaning up their work area before they leave. And because we are available 24/7 for emergency service, you can always count on our Grand Rapids air conditioning repair company to be there for you.