Water Treatment Systems in Grand Rapids
Providing Clean, Safe Water to Residents of West Michigan
Water treatment is a vital part of any plumbing system. Without it, the water that comes out of your faucet may be contaminated with harmful bacteria or other contaminants. At Vander Hyde Services, we provide water treatment system installation and maintenance in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas. Our team of highly trained and experienced plumbers is dedicated to providing you with excellent service and support for your water treatment system.
If you are looking for a new system or are having trouble with your current water treatment system, give us a call. Our team is available 24/7 to help you with any water treatment system problem.
Types of Water Treatment Systems
There are many different types of water treatment systems available. Some are designed to treat the water right in your home while others are designed to treat the water before it goes into the water system of your home. The type of water treatment system you need will depend on the quality of your water.
Some common types of water treatment systems include:
- Carbon filters - Carbon filters are designed to remove certain contaminants from your water. They are commonly used to remove chlorine, which can leave your water with a bad taste and odor.
- Distillation systems - Distillation systems work by boiling your water and then collecting the water vapor that rises to the top. The vapor is then condensed back into clean water. Distillation systems are great for removing bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms from your water.
- Reverse osmosis systems - Reverse osmosis systems work by pushing your water through a semi-permeable membrane. The membrane only allows water to pass through. Other contaminants, such as bacteria and other microorganisms are too big to fit through the membrane and are left behind. Reverse osmosis systems are great for removing many different types of contaminants from your water.
- UV sterilizers - UV sterilizers use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and other microorganisms in your water. These are great for removing bacteria from your water but do not remove other contaminants.
Signs You Need a Water Treatment System
Many people don't realize that their water is contaminated until they have a problem with their plumbing system. However, there are some signs that your water may be contaminated. Some signs include:
- Bad taste or odor - If your water tastes or smells bad, it may be contaminated with bacteria or other contaminants.
- Discolored water - If your water is changing color, it may be contaminated with metals or minerals that are changing the color of the water.
- Foul-smelling water - If your water has a foul smell, it may be contaminated with bacteria or other microorganisms.
- Cloudy water - If your water is turning cloudy, it may be contaminated with minerals or metals that are changing the color of the water.
- Rashes or itching - If your water is contaminated with bacteria, it can cause rashes or itching.
Cleaning Your Water Treatment System
Water treatment systems need to be cleaned regularly to ensure that the water in your home is safe. If you are not sure if your water treatment system needs to be cleaned, give us a call. Our plumbers can inspect your system and help you determine if your water treatment system needs to be cleaned.