AC Repair in Grand Rapids
Did Your Air Conditioner Quit Working?
Have you ever come home on a hot summer’s day to find that your air conditioner quit working? If so, you know firsthand just what an unpleasant experience this is. At Vander Hyde Services, our experienced AC technicians can quickly and affordably fix your AC unit and inspect it so you can avoid future issues. Our air conditioning experts are backed by over 30 years of experience, and have a great reputation among homeowners and business-owners alike. Our technicians are also fully licensed, insured, and trained to handle all the latest tools and industry-leading technology. And with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you always know you’re going to receive nothing less than the best when you hire Vander Hyde Services. Call today to schedule AC repair in Grand Rapids, and experience the Vander Hyde difference for yourself.
Vander Hyde Services proudly handles issues like:
- Outdoor AC units not working
- Indoor AC units not working
- Strange noises coming from your AC unit
- Cold spots throughout your house
- Gas leaks
- Bad condensers
- No air coming from your AC unit altogether
To schedule service with our Grand Rapids AC techs now, just dial (616) 319-2125.
Expert AC Repair in Grand Rapids & the Surrounding Areas
As Grand Rapids’ most qualified air conditioning repair contractor, homeowners know they can call Vander Hyde Services 24/7 for emergency appointments. We answer calls any time, any day for AC repairs, so you’ll never have to leave us a message. Whether your air conditioning unit is starting up and shutting down, your condenser is shot, there is ice over the coils, or your central air won’t turn on, Vander Hyde can be at your home quickly to provide the necessary AC repairs ASAP.
Top reasons to call our Grand Rapids AC repair team include:
- Frequent Cycling: Cycling is when your air conditioner turns on and off. When this happens frequently, it usually means there is a problem with your system. You could be dealing with frozen evaporator coils, a clogged air filter, low refrigerant, or various electrical issues. Some AC units also cycle on and off because they are too big for the space they are in. Whatever the reason is though, it’s always a good idea to call a technician to take a look at it, since a short-cycling AC unit is likely to affect both your comfort and your utility bills.
- Strange Smells: A stale, stagnant smell coming from your air conditioner is often caused by mold growth. This usually happens when there is a problem in the system’s drain pan/drip lines, causing too much moisture to accumulate. However, if you detect a gaseous smell coming from your AC unit, you could be dealing with a more serious problem, like a gas leak. Either way, call a technician to come take a look at the problem right away.
- Loud Noises: There are a variety of noises your AC system may make if it is experiencing a problem, none of which should be ignored. A banging sound, for instance, is usually an indication of a loose rod or piston pin. A buzzing noise could mean your fan motor is loose, or there’s an issue with the coil. Meanwhile, a continuous clicking can mean there is a problem with the thermostat, while screeching could be a sign of a refrigerant leak, a broken fan, or too much pressure within the condenser.
- Leaks: Is there a water leak coming from below your furnace? Do you smell rotten eggs or does your CO2 alarm go off when your AC kicks on? These are serious issues only an experienced technician like the HVAC pros at Vander Hyde can provide solutions for. Water on the floor may simply be condensation, but depending on your unit they could be the sign of a bigger problem. As mentioned above, if you smell gas when you’re AC turns on, you should immediately shut it off and give us a call, as ignoring leaks will ultimately lead to bigger, more expensive problems.
- Lack of Cool Air/No Cool Air At All: If your AC has stopped distributing cool air, you could be dealing with a wide range of issues, including problems that have nothing to do with your system, like a tripped circuit breaker, or more serious internal problems, such as a burnt out motor or a failed compressor. Either way, if your AC is not doing the one thing it is supposed to do (i.e. keep you cool,) you shouldn’t wait to call a technician. This problem is not going to get better on its own, so you might as well call an AC expert to solve it today.
Experience Matters! Call for Trusted Air Conditioning Repairs in Grand Rapids Today
At Vander Hyde Services, our certified cooling technicians offer the best in AC repair to homeowners in Grand Rapids and across Western Michigan. Since 1989, we have been striving to provide exceptional services at affordable rates. Call today, and you may be able to take advantage of financing options and specials. Remember, at Vander Hyde Services, we don’t want to be just another Grand Rapids AC repair company—we want to be THE Grand Rapids AC repair company you call every time.
Customers trust Vander Hyde Services because:
- We offer no-cost, onsite consultations
- We provide one-year labor and materials warranties
- We always arrive promptly and get the job done on-time