It’s that time of year in Michigan where the weather is constantly fluctuating and you are finding yourself constantly adjusting your thermostat. With colder weather, the expense of keeping our homes warm is one of the things even the most winter-loving people must confront. One of the things people can do to help add some control to those expenses is a programmable thermostat. Here are five different advantages to using a programmable thermostat in your home.
- Savings are a big benefit. With a programmable thermostat, homeowners can set the temperature so that the residents are comfortable. Often, homeowners can let the temperature drop at night and when people are gone from the house. By programming the thermostat to be lower during those times, the costs of fuel or electricity are lower, and while people are home, the house is more comfortable.
- There is no need to worry all day long if you remembered to turn the dial down while at school and work. It’s been programmed. You know that at 11:00 am the temperature is set to 65 degrees, and when you get home the temperature will have automatically gone higher to make things more comfortable.
- It is easier to keep the temperature consistent. Set the thermostat to be 68 degrees when you get home, and you won’t have to turn it up to 74 degrees to take the edge of the cold off. This saves energy and makes a home more comfortable.
- Programming times for the thermostat to warm or cool makes your HVAC operate more consistently. Consistency means there is less waste.
- Many of the new electronic thermostats also have Wi-Fi connections. If you’re at work and find out that there is an event at school and you forgot to change the thermostat’s setting to start warming later in the evening, you can do that right through your smartphone or computer.
Saving money, adding efficiency, and adding comfort make automated thermostats worth installing. Don’t be afraid to give it a try and see how it can help your family and your house too.
If you are considering a programmable thermostat and want to speak to a heating service contractor or air conditioning contractor contact Vander Hyde Services today.